And I…am…Iron Man. SNAP
Like that, the iconic Marvel Comics character saved the world in Avengers Endgame. The character’s assistant was Jarvis, the Artificial Intelligence tool that Tony Stark had built for himself. Jarvis played a vital role in Iron Man’s journey by always assisting him, improving his knowledge of the surroundings, keeping him updated on the happenings around the world, processing information on his behalf, and giving him only the necessary intelligence.
That is how AI Creates superheroes!
Jarvis was a sophisticated AI tool that could process large quantities of data and have the intelligence to respond with only the relevant insights. Based on the level of sophistication, there are different types of AI The basic level can be less useful as we will see later. As the complexity of the tool increases, the benefits it offers in different industries can be immense. Several organizations have already started implementing AI tools to get long-term benefits.
There are three distinct levels of AI:
- A simple AI-enabled system can curate suggestions. For example, YouTube would recommend videos based on a viewer’s profile or based on a particular genre of video one is watching. Several chatbots also fall into this category.
- Using machine learning, AI systems can do and learn continuously. Personal assistants like Google Home and Alexa keep learning preferences and accents from the responses of humans for the replies it gives to their queries. So do the several other voice tools like Siri, and Cortana embedded in our phones and laptops. Like Jarvis, these AI products can learn by themselves, synthesize the acquired knowledge, and present it in useful ways. They can be conversational too and provide consumers with a more humane and fulfilling experience.
- More sophisticated AI tools can integrate data to change responses. For example, John Deere, an American manufacturing firm, uses Industrial AI and captures data continuously. The data is used in precision agriculture methods like using just the right amounts of fertilizers and water for any crop. This ensures robust growth and preserves the ground’s fertility. The AI tools learn continuously to further reduce errors, improve knowledge, and will even reduce costs in the long run.
On one hand, simple AI, like suggestions based on historical usage, can be helpful. On the other, chatbots for customer interaction can be irritating because of the limited pre-written responses they are usually trained for. Additionally, chatbot responses are not personalized or emotive. The limitations of such chatbots can be overcome by Voice AI. It is usually trained for the behavioral aspects of humans. Plus, they learn continuously, feedback the learnings into responses and become even more interactive. Owing to the ease of the interface with the technology, the world is fast moving towards a Voice-first interaction. As per Google reports, 27% of the world’s global population uses voice search on mobile.
Courtesy: Virtual assistants vs Chatbots: What’s the Difference? (freshdesk.com)
For example, Alexa, the voice assistant from Amazon has been integrated with several things, from colour-changing bulbs, and plugs to cameras, fans, thermostats, and ACs, and the list keeps growing. Just think of the age-old sound emitting devices “speakers”, they became intelligent on integration with Alexa. The number of intelligent devices in the world has kept increasing, and every smart device in the world is backed by AI.
Different levels of AI offer different benefits. Organizations need to decide the long-term targets that they want to achieve before embarking on implementing a particular kind of AI. A few other benefits of having an AI tool within your organization:
- Smooth interactions and information sharing with multiple users at the same time.
- Provides a more consistent service than humans.
- AI can be available for customers 24×7. It simplifies people management and various processes and procedures in almost every domain, industry, business, and organization be it aircraft, healthcare, or supply chain.
Additionally, the future of AI-backed products looks promising. The subsequent phases of AI as we see are:
- Until now, voice assistants have primarily been trained in English. With advances in language processing systems, AI tools are being trained in local languages. This will increase a company’s outreach and help them generate significant revenue by penetrating lesser-known markets.
- Competition in the coming years would be based on which company has the better AI user interface, primarily on the conversational side.
- Use of voice AI along with Augmented or Virtual Reality.
- Code writing AI tool that identifies bugs, writes codes, creates solutions, tests, and goes into production automatically.
As we can see AI offers a host of benefits for businesses. Organizations realize that AI must be an essential part of their strategic framework to interact with customers better and improve their top and bottom lines. Hence, AI-backed software products are attracting huge investments.
Jarvis helped Iron Man save the world. Similarly, with the help of AI, great products can be built that can help organizations grow. coMakeIT has vast experience in building advanced software products with AI abilities. From Chatbots to AI systems that process big data, we can build the most suitable ones for your business. Our collaboration gives you the required product engineering abilities needed to build your intellectual property. Reach out to us to see how we can help you implement artificial intelligence in your business model.