In 2012, CGR started exploring offshoring options, and partnered with coMakeIT in building its offshore technical team in the areas of development, quality assurance, technical writing, and business analysis.
CGR is a highly accomplished business with years of experience in risk management and consulting. It provides a complete insight into risk exposure and control effectiveness (from top to bottom) to its clients. It was founded in the year 2010 by Grant O’ Connell and Peter Jernakoff. At the time of founding the company, the founders already had an experience of more than 25 years in the risk management domain. The founders envisioned the idea of providing a ‘Complete, on time, on spec, and on budget’ solution based on SaaS model, which will primarily cater to the ‘Mining’ domain. The product was an instant hit and soon after, its wings were spread to include the domains of Oil and Gas, Health, Equity Capital and the Government sectors of Health and Energy. CGR’s operations are powered by a team of passionate and well accomplished business and technical risk process advisors.
By the year 2012, CGR’s business has grown exponentially and it was supporting a large number of clients. It also had some big names in the industry in its kitty like BHP Billiton and Inpex. With its rapid expansion and an immediate surge in customer requirements coupled with its rarely available skillset, CGR felt a need to expand its resources outside Australia so that it can effectively meet its development and QA requirements.
The challenges confronted by CGR included:
- Increased need for engineering capacity to support the continuously growing demands of customers
- Complete absence of Quality Control and Assurance
- Lack of documentation
- Adhoc release planning
In 2012, CGR started exploring offshoring options, and partnered with coMakeIT in building its offshore technical team in the areas of development, quality assurance, technical writing, and business analysis. In a short period of time, coMakeIT helped CGR to setup and run a customized, distributed software factory. Some of the key highlights of the solutions realized from CGR’s partnership with coMakeIT are:
- Recruitment of ROR developers who became part of the team that worked exclusively for CGR
- Recruitment of Technical writing professionals to develop and maintain client documentation
- Recruitment of a QA team which progressed a long way from manual to automation to performance testing
- Performing need based Business analysis for CGR’s new clients
Impact and Business value
CGR’s partnership with coMakeIT impacted the former in the following manner:
- Successfully build a more robust and efficient product to cater to its large and growing user base
- Set up a completely regulated testing process prior to a version release
- Improve the quality of the product
- Improve testing through multiple embedded phases within testing that include an elaborate Factory Acceptance Testing and Regression testing
- Maintain end to end product documentation that caters to all its clients.