HOTflo improves the quality of its product and introduces new tools
HOTflo started facing challenges related to growth a few years after it started its operations. HOTflo’s application kept on growing to suit the needs of its customers.
HOTflo realized that it will be difficult to find the well-trained technology talent to meet its growing needs and started looking for an offshoring partner.
Impact and Business Value
This successful, strategic partnership helped HOTflo realize the following benefits and business value
HOTflo is a specialized provider of integrated capacity management service for hospitals. The company was founded in the year 2011 and currently offers software, training, and consultancy services to its customers. Most of Hotflo’s customers are from Netherlands. HOTflo offers an integrated solution consisting of 4 tool packs and 2 full scheduling solutions to its customers.
Its team of software developers, mathematicians, and business consultants provide innovative services to customers. It has a market share of 40 percent in Netherlands. HOTflo establishes and manages capacity management solutions to its customers and helps them in improving their performance.
HOTflo started facing challenges related to growth a few years after it started its operations. HOTflo’s application kept on growing to suit the needs of its customers. However, its product started having quality related problems. It could not even serve its customers well due to constraints on the availability of skilled manpower. HOTflo was confronted with the following challenges
- HOTflo’s software started accumulating bugs. One bug fix introduced other bugs
- No proper QA process. Manual testing conducted before each release
- No dedicated QA team
- Product upgrades could not meet the needs and demands of customers.
HOTflo realized that it will be difficult to find the well-trained technology talent to meet its growing needs and started looking for an offshoring partner. coMakeIT was chosen as a strategic partner to help HOTflo overcome the challenges. In a short period of time, coMakeIT helped HOTflo to recruit the required talent pool and setup a customized, distributed software factory. Some key highlights of the solutions realized through this strategic partnership:
- Helped in creating a ‘Lock-ON’ team responsible for some of the functional areas of the product. coMakeIT’s team contributes to feature development and enhancement
- Helped the company to fix bugs in the products by putting in place a dedicated QA team
- Developed new tools in hospitals by HOTflo’s customers like ‘OR Calculator’, ‘Actions and Deviations’, ‘Workload’, and ‘Bed alculator’.
Impact and Business value
This successful, strategic partnership helped HOTflo realize the following benefits and business value:
- Setup and run a customized software factory that is fully-integrated with its native team
- Improved the quality of its core product by fixing bugs
- Helped in expanding market share and satisfying its existing customers by improving the features of its core product and developing multiple smaller tools