Develops its innovative cloud based platform
FIC, a new provider of assessment / inspection & management platform, partners coMakeIT and overcomes its resource constraints.
HOTflo is a specialized service provider of integrated capacity management services for hospitals. The company was founded in the year 2011and currently offers software, training, and consultancy services to its customers. HOTflo offers an integrated solution consisting of 4 toolpacks and 2 full scheduling solutions. Its team of software developers, mathematicians, and business consultants provide innovative services to customers. It has a market share of 40 percent in Netherlands. HOTflo establishes and manages capacity management solutions to its customers and helps them in improving their performance.
While strategizing about the launch of an innovative assessment/inspection & management software platform, FIC wanted to make it cloud based. It devised the development plan and selected the right technology stack from the alternatives available in the market to build the platform. But it faced a number of challenges in the implementation phase. The challenges confronted by FIC are:
- Building the right team to build the cloud based platform was a challenge as the people with the required skill set were in short supply in Netherlands
- Faced difficulty in choosing the Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Development (CD) platform to automate the process
- Could not find a way to make the software platform flexible, generic, re-usable and configurable.
Realizing that the required technology talent is hard to find in Netherlands, FIC started exploring offshoring options. coMakeIt was selected as the offshoring partner to help FIC overcome its challenges. In a short period after starting to work with FIC, coMakeIT helped FIC to setup and run a customized, distributed software factory. Some key highlights of the solutions realized through this strategic partnership:
- Built a team by hiring experienced MEAN stack professionals to start development work
- Helped in choosing the right technology to build the cloud application with a complete automated process
- Provided the architecture and solutions for the various technical challenges involved in DevOps
- Helped in adopting Agile methodology for building the platform
- Recruited a QA team and built an automated test process for the development of the platform.
Impact and Business value
This successful, strategic partnership helped FIC realize the following benefits and business value:
- Platform that is being developed in partnership with coMakeIt is ready to go live soon
- Made the development process of the software platform faster
- Setup a customized software factory across locations, which is fully-integrated with its native teams.