- A leading provider of educational services in the EU region has a diverse portfolio of software applications, some of which are developed using legacy technologies.
- These legacy applications are still dependent upon manual regression testing, which means that even the smallest change takes a few weeks to get tested thoroughly.
- With our Quality Engineering Services, we helped this client transform its in-sprint testing process by introducing comprehensive test management and test automation.
The client faced the following quality challenge due to its legacy processes:
- No Test Management tools
- Poorly documented test cases
- Lack of consistent test data
- All knowledge retained only by individual testers without any organizational memory
- Manual regression testing that takes 2 to 3 weeks
With is extensive expertise in building enterprise class products, coMakeIT set up a dedicated Quality Engineering Team that achieved the following:
- Set up a dedicated test automation team to work exclusively for this client
- Selection of test automation and test management tools
- Facilitated organized knowledge transfer and test case preparation
- Implement test automation as part of in-sprint activities
- Preparation of standardized test datasets
- Integrate the entire process as part of on-demand builds
coMakeIT’s Quality engineering Team enabled this EU software maker to realize the following business benefits:
- Establish the ability to execute 650 (and growing) test scripts in less than 5 hrs, compared to 60 test cases that used to take 5 people and 2 days
- Complete transition to 100% automated testing without any manual intervention
- Automation enabled this client to expand the quality spectrum to include non-functional, performance, and security testing.
- Automated regression tests are run every night as part of daily builds
- Increased release frequency – weekly and fortnightly releases with higher quality and stability