Collaborating to transform into a leading financial reporting and accounting platform
Set up a dedicated co-innovation team to handle Visionplanner’s explosive growth, assist in customer transitions to cloud versions, and be a strategic partner in formulating & executing a strategy for platform transformation.
Helped establish a fast-growing, offshore, co-Innovation team with high-quality resources, led to improved product quality with better process and regression testing and streamlined product management.
Visionplanner is a leading provider of financial reporting and accounting solutions to small and medium-sized companies, accountants, and administrative offices. Over the past few years, Visionploanner has grown exponentially and currently serves 6,000+ clients in the Benelux region. Founded in 1996, Visionplanner is a pioneer that thrives on continuous innovation, with a relentless focus on expanding its solution footprint to meet evolving customer needs. In 2013, Visionplanner launched its cloud version, which helped in doubling its customers by 2017. Its vision is to transform into a leading, financial reporting and accounting platform.
After launching its cloud solution, Visionplanner quickly doubled its subscriptions from 48K to 96K by 2017. In addition to meeting the demands of a fast-expanding customer base, Visionplanner faced the following challenges:
- capacity constraints to help transition customers from desktop version of its software to latest cloud services
- lack of bandwidth to work on expanding the solution footprint to cover more areas of taxation and customer relationship management
- demand for a unified solution and support process to cater to the needs of a rapidly growing customer base
- scarcity of technology talent in The Netherlands to execute an ambitious product and technology roadmap
Visionplanner realized that if it cannot find talent locally, it should explore quality offshoring to serve its growth needs.
coMakeIT and Visionplanner forged a strategic partnership, that focused on the following goals:
- setup a dedicated co-innovation team, consisting of top-notch professionals with expertise in Microsoft stack
- rapidly scale the team with QA specialists, technology architects, and product managers
- implement best-in-class agile product development practices
- introduce automation for improving product quality
In a very short time, coMakeIT helped recruit, set up, and scale a 15-member team working exclusively for Visionplanner. This team not only helped in overcoming some of the challenges cited above, but has quickly become an engine of innovation for Visionplanner, on multiple fronts.
Impact and Business value
With the help of co-Innovation team set up by coMakeIT, Visionplanner realized numerous benefits, some of which are listed below:
- overcame capacity constraints and skill shortages
- introduced automated application monitoring and resolution with advanced Azure services
- continuous, static code analysis and improved code quality with Sonar Cube
- implemented CI/CD and regression testing as part of an end-to-end DevOps
- on a fast-lane to fully automated product releases
- helped adopt a sophisticated social monitoring algorithm for targeted prospecting