Senior Software Engineer – Progress Developer
Is software your passion? Do you have experience with or the ambition to lead a team of Developers in the future? Or are you more of the individual Developer who wants to be the best in his/her field? Are you multidisciplinary and do you strive for excellence? Are you a flexible team player who can bounce back quickly from setbacks? Come work at coMakeIT!
As a Senior Progress Developer, you are responsible for the end-to-end quality of the software you develop together with your team.
- Conduct research and development, contributing technical knowledge and experience to the product.
- A key contribution will be the growth and development of other developers, knowledge and documentation libraries in various area of the product.
- Work as an integral part of the cross functional development team. Works from day to day as a member of the cross functional team and is held accountable for the success of software development increments, but only to the extent that this is the case for every team member.
- Build and test product software architecture components to meet product design requirements
- Contribute design innovations to the product
- Build the product classes, transactional components and user interface
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing
- Adhere to coding guidelines: Follow good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities
- Document the application code to facilitate maintenance. Follow technical and process documentation.
- Participate in code reviews
- Build automated test platforms and develop common test data
- Transition software components to testers on the team
- Build product migration approaches, scripts and functions
- Deliver project milestones as per scope/schedule/quality expectations.
- Actively participate in Peer to Peer Reviews.
- Develop code by attaining Maximum Code Reusability.
- Keep check on Defect Density by curtailing it below 5 %.
- Perform the detailed design of the product and software architecture components
- Validate the detailed design with the product stakeholders
- Having hands on experience in Software Application Development based on Progress 4 GL (CHUI &GUI).
- Having exposure to database of Progress 9.X.
- Experience in medium to large size projects involving Progress 4GL technology.
- Strong knowledge in Object Oriented Design Skills.
- Knowledge on source control tool( ex: SVN,VSS,PVCS, Round Table)
- Having exposure to other tools like Open Edge, ADM2, would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge on Web services
- Knowledge on XML would be an added advantage
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated.
- Punctual, Regular and consistent attendance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4 – 7 years