As a member of the development team the Development Engineer will contribute to the product development strategy working closely with both internal teams and customers. A successful track record of working in a fast-paced software development organisation is essential along with a broad experience of development technologies and processes.
- Work together with the development team and business to plan and execute development work ensuring that product/technical specifications are correct to deliver products and enhancements.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the development team to prioritise development work to ensure that agreed delivery targets are achieved.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Produce specifications and system documentation.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Work with the software development lifecycle to meet the future needs of customers and maintenance of upgrades and enhancements to existing services.
- Track work to ensure that tasks and projects are managed and chargeable work is assigned where appropriate.
- Support and develop application fixes working with the Dev Ops and support teams when required.
- Through implementation of best practices deliver software and services that are fully tested and ready for operational use by the customers.
- Keep up to date with new development tools and collaborate with colleagues on new ideas and innovation for the business and our customers.
- Proven experience as a development engineer ideally in both traditional and modern languages.Open source/Java/Golang/Perl/Docker/Github/Linux are some of our technology stack with Java/Golang being our primary languages for the future.
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Mastery in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- Development of complex SaaS and cloud based applications.
- Knowledge and use of appropriate process methodologies and tools to operate an effective delivery program.
- Customer and delivery focussed
- Action and results orientated
- Team player
- Passion for developing high quality code
- Positive and self-motivated
- Analytical and problem solving
- Delivering to deadlines
- Enjoy challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of Agile/Scrum/Waterfall methodologies.
- Technical understanding of hardware and hosting platforms.
- Knowledge of performance testing and monitoring tools.
- Experience of development, testing, release management and deployment o best practices and compliance standards.
- Willingness to travel, if required.
- Any Graduation /Post Graduation
Experience level :
- +2 to 7 years