The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including latest technologies like Microsoft .NET, C#, SQL or Data solutions technologies, ideally within an ASP.NET environment
As a part of team, the individual will work closely with fellow developers, product owner, solution architect, project manager and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC. Develop test scripts, help developers by validating and executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. The individual should have a strong understanding of QA lifecycle and SDLC along with the minimum requirements specified in this document. Should have exposure to testing in an Agile team.
- Interact with development teams to develop a strong understanding of the product and testing objectives
- Design and develop test scripts/ suites to address business and technical use cases
- Execute test scripts, report the issues, and prepare reports and help improving the quality as per the guidelines
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using defect tracking tools or similar tools/means
- Perform Sanity, Regression, technical and functional tests as per the pre / post deployment plan during the off-hours maintenance windows
- Develop and execute performance, Security and penetration tests
- Raise an alert when an important issue is likely to put in jeopardy the whole project.
- The incumbent should have 4 – 6 years of experience in Manual Testing/Functional testing
- Must have hands on experience in XML
- To work on SQL queries.
- Experience in testing SOAP / REST web services.
- Knowledge of working with XML, JSON.
- Experience in covering non-functional test areas such asperformance, usability, security etc.
- Experience in Automation Testing using selenium.
Nice to have
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Must be flexible, independent and self motivated.
- Punctual, Regular and consistent attendance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel, if required.
- BE / BTech/ ME/ MTech/ MCA
- 5 to 8 years