Make your applications future-ready
Modernizing the core technology stack is a crucial component of application modernization. Technology modernization has multiple facets and based on the current business needs, it could encompass:
- UI modernization
- Code migration
- Database migration
- OS upgrade
Many legacy applications are struck with either green screens or archaic UI that is not responsive and can’t render on modern devices and browsers. As redesign and rearchitecting the entire application is a time-consuming endeavor, businesses approach modernization one layer at a tiame and often look for a quick win by modernizing the UI.
With UI modernization, we:
- add GUI to green screens
- web-enable legacy applications and extend their life
- achieve a quick UI facelift
- redesign with modern UX frameworks and build reactive applications
Various elements of the software stack, such as programming/business languages, and associated IDEs and libraries are continuously evolving with newer and more robust versions.
Through code migration, we :
- Upgrade your application code from older version to latest versions within the same stack
- Update related IDEs
- Update related build tools, plugins and other dependencies
As is the case with other elements of the software stack, databases are also continuously evolving with newer and more robust versions. Database migration is a key component of a layered approach to application modernization.
We enable data mapping, and tool-enabled database migration, through:
- homogeneous migration, i.e. migration of data and schema from an older to a newer version of the database with the same engine
- heterogeneous migration, i.e. migration of data and schema between two databases having different engines
Operating system (OS) upgrades are not the same as OS updates. They tend to be quite large and consist of significant changes or upgrades to functionality, security, scalability, and performance over the earlier versions.
With OS upgrade, we:
- upgrade your core OS to the latest version
- identify applications that might not work with the latest version and initiate corrective action
- provide risk mitigation and business continuity during the upgrade process