Demystifying Application Modernization
A white paper to guide your modernization journey from
legacy to future-ready applications!
Why should you modernize?
- Inflexible, tightly-coupled architecture and closed systems
- Non-responsive UI
- Inability to scale due to lack of separation of concerns
- Monolithic applications and spaghetti code
- Legacy constraints and inability to deploy on cloud
Application Modernization is a critical business need
Software businesses and enterprises that run mission-critical processes on legacy software must realize that they are sitting on a ticking time bomb. These businesses must also understand that legacy burden could potentially derail their core business, and also prevent them from innovation and success in a disruptive landscape. Even though many technology professionals and decision makers acknowledge that legacy modernization is a high-priority business need, they are unsure of the right strategy and way forward.
This paper targets technology practitioners and decision makers, and presents:
- broad overview of legacy landscape
- nature of legacy constraints
- application modernization myths
- conventional approaches and limitations
- modern architectural paradigms
- coMakeIT’s modernization strategies